This past week has been a whirl wind. I am so sorry for not updating the blog until now, but needed a few days to digest everything. Last Thursday the nurse called me and small talked for a bit and asked if I was sitting down. I told her yes and she then asked if Brad was with me. I told her no that he couldn't get off work to be at home when she called. She said "Oh shoot! Well let me go over a few details here but then you need to get off the phone with me and call your hubby and tell him you are pregnant!" Yes, you read this right, we are pregnant!!!!! I immediately lost it and was sobbing on the phone to the nurse and just kept apologizing for crying. I asked what my HCG level was and she said a very strong number at 243!!! Remind you it only needs to be over 50. She said we are looking at a very strong single or there is a chance for twins! Oh my! :)The rest of the day was a little hazy! We called family and friends and listened to everyone lose it on the other end of the phone. There were sobs and screams on every phone call. It was a wonderfully overwhelming feeling that was a long time coming! Praise the Lord!!! That evening we went out to dinner with my family and Brad's to celebrate! It was the best day we have had in 3 years!
I went back Saturday for another round of bloodwork and my HCG level needed to double. I got the call Saturday afternoon from Dr. Bopp himself that it indeed had. We have a viable pregnancy that is sustaining itself. Praise the Lord again! He told us congratulations and to call Monday to schedule my first ultrasound. This is scheduled for September 4th. This date seems like forever away! I do not know how I will make it sanely to this day. We will also find out how many we are having this day! Crazy!
I said early that it has been a very overwhelming feeling and this is no lie. I had braced myself for negative news last Thursday. We had never had positive news after each IUI. I didn't know how to react or accept good news. And then it was the feeling that IVF had actually worked! It worked! All of those tests, all of those shots, all of those ultrasounds and procedures and surgeries and it was all worth it! It has worked!! We have a long road to go until we are out of the woods but we just feel so blessed to be having a baby. It still doesn't feel like it should be me even typing it now. I think once we see the ultrasound in two weeks it will actually sink in.
Thank you to all of you who have prayed for us during these past three years. We have felt each and everyone of them. Please keep them coming though as we make it through these first few weeks. We love you all and know our future baby will too!!!
Hooray!!!!! So happy for you guys!!! Hope things continue to go well. :)
ReplyDeleteYayayayaya!!!! Tears of joy and thankful prayers for you guys!! You will be the best parents!! Bring on the baby bump!!! Love you!
ReplyDeleteI also can't wait to see that baby bump! I love the pic with the positive test! YAY!!!
ReplyDeleteLove Danika
We are so thrilled for you!! So thankful prayers have been answered, what an exciting journey you are about to have. You and Brad will be amazing parents!
ReplyDelete