You read that correctly! Out of the 16 eggs, 12 fertilized over night. All 3 of the eggs they did ICSI on and 9 of the remaining 13 eggs fertilized naturally. ICSI is where they pick the best looking egg and the best looking sperm and insert the sperm into the egg. Basically forcing fertilization. We chose to do three of these in order to be sure we had some embryos at the end of this. These may however not be the best looking embryos. One of the embryos that fertilized naturally might still be the best looking. Also, not all 12 will make it to the 5 day transfer stage. They told us today that they will be transferring the best two on Monday morning. We have decided to get out of town and go relax at the lake this weekend! I am mentally and physically exhausted after all of this.
Today was really rough. I still am completely bloated and sore inside my stomach. I went to work today but am paying for this now. It is around 8pm and I am in bed for the night. I will have to get up at some point and get the progesterone in oil injection. Soooo not looking forward to this! Wish us luck and pray for as many health embryos to grow until Monday as possible!
still praying! Hope you had that relaxing weekend you needed at the lake! Big day tomorrow :)
ReplyDeleteLove,
Danika