I have more eggs than you! :) Waking up from anesthesia and hearing the Dr. say he was able to retrieve 16 eggs was the best news and sooo relieving! It was actually so relieving I started bawling in the recovering room and then just kept apologizing for crying! The nurse warned Brad before he came in that I was very emotional and he told her it was normal! :) We were very pleased with the number. Dr. B didn't know of those 16 how many were good or mature yet but they will call us tomorrow with the fertilization results before 11am. Tonight while we are sleeping, tiny embryos are being created in the lab. Such a hopeful and neat feeling! We are very thankful and feel very blessed for today!
Today was however a very rough one for me. I did not respond to the anesthesia after the procedure the way I hoped. I have been very nauseous and dizzy all day long. I am ok when I lay down, but the minute I stand or sit up, I immediately get sick. By 3pm I had to force crackers down me so I could take some more pain medicine but thought they were going to come right back up. I am so glad they didn't. After another long nap, my parents and grandparents stopped by to see how we were doing. Brad's parents also came over and brought dinner. I was able at that point to sit up long enough to manage a few bites to eat as it smelled sooo yummy. I really appreciated them doing this and I know Brad really did as well. This meant he got a good meal for dinner as he was on his own for food! :)
Tomorrow is another big day! Not only will we get initial results on the embryos but I start lots of medicine again, the worst being the progesterone in oil injections. The needles are thicker than this last trigger shot and go in the butt as well! I will take one of these a day, rotating the left and right cheek, until the first pregnancy test. If the test is positive I will stay on these until my Dr. says so! The things we do for children!
Good night everyone! I will update you all tomorrow with the fertilization results!
Wow! What a process. Thinking of you, and hope you are feeling more like yourself today!!
ReplyDelete