Saturday, May 5, 2012

Turkey basters and cooking timers!

Hi all! It is a beautiful Saturday in Indy! Brad is golfing and I am watching Giuliana & Bill while cuddling on the couch with Lincoln. :) Let's see...what has happened this past month? Vacation was amazing!!!! Such a great week with the family. If you haven't checked out my pics on Facebook do so. Brad started a new job on April 23rd and is getting in the groove. He is still with St. Francis but moved from the Mooresville clinic to the main hospital's outpatient clinic. We got our landscaping redone and it looks fantastic! Some much needed TLC to the house! And finally we became an Aunt and Uncle! Erin adopted a puppy and named him Abe! He is the sweetest little black bear ever! :)

Now onto the real update...on April 14th I started my second round of hormone medication. I took 50mg of Clomid for 5 days and my body reacted pretty well to it. The night sweats, cramping, and not being able to handle my emotions were the worst parts. I was driving to work on the last day and the new song by Jason Aldean called Fly Over States came on the radio. I have no idea why but when the lyrics "have you ever drove through Indiana" came on I started bawling! Really? Get ahold of yourself Carly!

The next step was the ultrasound on the 23rd to check the size and number of follicles I grew from being on the meds. This was Brad's first day at his new job so he couldn't take off the 1st few hours of his first day. I asked my mom to go with me as there was no way I could handle more bad news alone. But I didn't need to worry about bad news. I had 3 mature follicles and 1 smaller one that might mature before our procedure! Thank you Jesus! After talking with the nurse and having her explain how and where to give myself the HCG shot (trigger shot to crack the eggs) she scheduled us for the IUI (turkey baster) for Wed the 25th at 8:30am. Yea!!!!!!

Wed. morning went pretty smoothly with only a little hiccup on how things were shaped inside of me. It took about 15 min of poking and prodding to get everything in place. Finally they inserted the catheter and pushed the swimmers directly into my uterus. (sorry about the detail) After setting a cooking timer for 15 minutes and tilting the platform I was on, the nurse said good luck and if you haven't started your period by the 14th of May take an at home pregnancy test. All very calmly and nonchalantly!!!

I thought that 15 min we had to wait at the doctor's office was the longest wait ever, but these past few weeks have won out! I think I might be going crazy not knowing what every little twinge and cramp is inside me. Am I pregnant? It's too early to tell. Am I pregnant? Just be patient! Amy I pregnant? Quit being psycho! Ahhhhh! 4 days to go and I can do this!

No matter what happens on Wed. I know that there is a plan for us and starting a family! I cannot see that plan right now and that is truly the hardest part. Those of you who know me well know that I like to control situations. :) I guess this is my test currently and gosh I hope I am passing. Some days I would say I am not, but good days do win out. God is good and I know has good things in store for Brad and I.

Love you all and I hope and pray my next post is good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment