And they aren't good. After 26 months of trying to conceive a baby we were told a few weeks ago that I have allomimmunity and I am allergic to my husband's DNA. With out going into all of the science of it (trust me it is sooo overwhelming and over our heads) it is going to be an even longer, harder road ahead of us to have our own child. We have a doctor's appointment this Friday to discuss our options and will know more then on the direction we will go.
In the mean time, two more friends have called and said they were pregnant! It takes all of my strength to congratulate them, ask questions about how they are feeling and how far along they are, and then try to carry on a 20 minute conversation like any other day when I talk to them. But the minute we hang up, all hell breaks loose. Don't get me wrong, there is no hatred towards them in my tears, just pure despair for our situation. I feel stuck. Stuck in our day to day lives. I feel like everyone else around us is having their second child and because of this is buying their second house. Moving on and up! And Brad and I are just here waiting! Waiting for something that is so far out of our hands.
So what do we do to try and stay somewhat sane? We plan a vacation of course! :) In early April we will be enjoying a week of sun, sand, infinity pools and endless food and beverages in Cancun, Mexico! April cannot get here soon enough! Not only for some much needed relaxation, but we are just that much closer in our journey to start a family. However that may be!
No comments:
Post a Comment