I just realized the other day that it has been 5 months since we had our last IUI procedure. On my birthday in October to be exact. I cannot believe how fast time goes by! Just enough time has gone by for me to be excited for our 5th IUI attempt. That dreaded feeling of hope is back and can be very scary. It is also the excited feeling that keeps us going.
It is also little moments like I had at the gym on Saturday that keep me positive and looking forward to the future. I was on the elliptical that overlooks the basketball courts and on Saturday mornings they have youth leagues that play. The kids are terrible and adorable all at the same time! What really caught my eye this past time was all of the dads in the gym. I was not checking them out for their looks :), but for the experience they get with their kids. I want Brad to have this experience more than you can imagine! I want him to have to get up way too early on our only day to sleep in and take the little ones to the gym. I want him to have a large cup of coffee in his hand, baseball cap and sweatpants on walking into the gym. I want him to be able to sit on the bench and coach the little rug rats that don't listen to a think he says! He will be so great at all of this! And of course I will be there too but just in the bleachers. :) Even after all we have been through, I still feel we will be here one day.
Until then we look ahead to another medicated cycle when we get back from Mexico. I'll stop the pill the day we get back and we will go from there. I took a picture of everything I have to take or give myself for this cycle. 81 mg of aspirin daily, hormones by pill and by needle for 6 days, a trigger shot to make me ovulate, 2 ultrasounds, one blood draw, and then we are adding progesterone pills and blood thinner shots 1x a day after the procedure this time around. The most important medicine of all will be prayer. Prayer for strength, endurance, and most of all faith that this could actually work this time!

No comments:
Post a Comment