Or hopefully I will be able to say our everything! We are right in the middle of our 5th IUI cycle and all was going as planned until yesterday. We went in Saturday morning for my follicle ultrasound and I did not have any mature follicle...which means no good eggs. I thought this cycle was canceled and was devastated! The nurse calls me later that day and said she spoke with the Dr. and he doesn't want to throw this cycle away. He wants me to take one more day of hormone injections, and then trigger on Sunday, and our IUI will be Tuesday now instead of Monday. This whole process is a gamble but where we are really gambling on this cycle is typically before I would trigger shot to force ovulation I would get a final ultrasound to see exactly what size follicles I have. We know from Saturday's appointment that I had a 17, 15, 15, 12, 11, and two 9's. Mature is 18 - 25. We are hoping with the additional day of medicine that the 17 gets large enough and possible the two 15's as well. But we will not know for sure before our procedure on Tuesday. We are truly going on blind faith for this round.
The best part was Saturday night I went out with my sister and some of her friends to Chatam Tap on Mass Ave for dinner. I had to take my hormone injection exactly at 8pm that night though. So I take a lunch bag cooler with a cold pack and my shot to the bar and she has to give me this injection in the bar bathroom!! Talk about trying to go on with your normal day to day life while going through all of this. We walked back out to the table, sat down and kept eating! :) A huge thank you to Erin as administering a shot in a bar bathroom could not have been the easiest! Oh the stories we will be able to tell for years to come!
So the plan is on Friday the 3rd to start the Lovenox (blood thinner) injections. The hope is that this will trick my body into accepting a pregnancy. I have heard horror stories about these shots. One person said it feels like an electrical shock when being injected and another said it felt like daggers while going in. Oh great! And if this pregnancy takes I will take one of these everyday through 9 months. I just keep telling myself it will be so worth it to hold our baby in our arms one day!
We are also starting to look at our other options; surrogacy and adoption. Our prayer is to open our hearts to however God wants us to start a family. All I know is we are ready to get there! However that may be!
No comments:
Post a Comment