Very sorry for the hiatus. You would have heard much sooner if the third clomid/IUI cycle had worked. Again like clock work aunt flow joined us on July 5th. Let's just say lots of beverages were consumed at the lake over the holiday weekend! :) We called and set up a consult with the Dr. for July 17th. We wanted to talk about why he thought all three procedures failed. He did not have an answer for us! He said on paper we should be pregnant which makes him think there might be something else going on that we haven't found yet. So he suggested that I have surgery to see if I have endometriosis!
On August 17th I will be put under anesthesia and have a Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy done. He will make an incision through my belly button and expand my stomach area with gas to look around the outside of my uterus and ovaries for endometriosis. He will then insert a camera vaginally and look at the inside of my cervix and uterus and make sure everything looks normal there as well. If he does find endometriosis while he is in there he will remove this. I know it sounds weird but I am kinda hoping he does find SOMETHING and can fix it! I am really getting tired of this "unexplained infertility" crap we keep getting.So until the surgery I am going back on birth control to make for sure that I will not be pregnant at the time of the surgery. Yes, back on the pill! :(
July was a crazy month! I can't believe today is August 1st already. On July 4th we went to Brad's parents house for a big family cookout and pool party. The weather was great and so was the company! It was nice in a way that the 4th was on a Wed. this year. We have not been in Indy for the 4th in forever. We then headed to the lake on July 5th for our annual holiday weekend with the Davey family. This is one of our favorite weekends all summer. Even though I started my period over the weekend it was still a very relaxing and enjoyable time. I think being at the lake with 10 other people helped keep my mind off of the disappointment of our last IUI not working.
It was back to work for 3 days and then we headed up to the lake again for Family weekend! Also one of my fav weekends in Angola! This year we had 25 people up there for 3 days! It was a great family reunion! Lots of food and even more beverages were consumed this weekend! Below is a picture of most of us one evening around the bonfire, I mean table as it was 100 degrees!! Miss everyone already!
Lastly, I got great news from work that I won a trip for two to Italy for 6 days!!!! Brad and I will be flying into Milan and staying at Lake Como the first week of October! We will be taking a day trip to Venice and wined and dined for a week. Never did I think we would be going to Italy in 2012. Then again I did think we would have a baby this year. Goes to show you how little you are in control of your own life! We joked that if I get pregnant while in Italy we will have to name him Mauricio!! Our little Italian! :)
I'll update more on how the surgery goes and outcome of it. Ciao!!
No comments:
Post a Comment