Italy was so wonderful! Everywhere you looked you needed to take a picture! Our hotel on Lake Como was gorgeous! I could get used to waking up and looking out at the Swiss Alps! We had 5 course meals multiple nights, shopped in Milan, saw George Clooney's villa, went to Lugano Switzerland one day, and even went to a masquerade ball the last evening! The company we went with really put on an amazing week! We were hoping to get pregnant in Italy with the relaxation and endless amount of wine on hand but no such luck! It was however a much needed week away from reality and we will never forget our first trip to Europe!
Now onto the not so fun topic: Infertility! We met with our Dr. after the surgery to go over our game plan and he wanted us to move onto injectables with an IUI (turkey baster procedure). I was not excited at all. The thought of having to get shots for a week really freaked me out! I had to wait a menstrual cycle as protocol and then we were going to be gone in Italy over the procedure time for last month. So we just started injections a week ago from today and they weren't too bad. It is very weird how you adapt and become used to things so quickly. Like having a fall party at your house and having to leave and go into your bathroom for a few minutes to get a shot in the behind! Just one second! We will be right back! I have to get a shot and not the fun kind that you all have been taking!! :)
We went yesterday for an ultrasound and blood work and we got the green light to have the procedure tomorrow morning! We then enter the dreaded two week wait! :( Tomorrow is also my 28th birthday! I hope this is not a coincidence! We have tried to be so faithful this entire journey! They say God will never give you more than you can handle! I have to believe that this is the month because I feel like I am getting really close to that line! I mean come on, we even got our trip over seas that they say you should take before you have kids! It is time to bring on the little bambinos!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment